Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Little Things.

Happy Little Things. Lots and lots of good things, big and small, every day. I've been slowing down, noticing tiny moments that so often pass me by, as well as completely random things that make me happy, and in doing so have made a list of my Happy Little Things for the week.

~Fresh-cut peony blooms on my kitchen counter, making me smile while cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner.


~Laying with my girl in my bed for a nap, listening to her sigh out of her nose, content.

Photobucket

~The smell of my babies after a long day of playing. Their hands and feet smell like grass and popsicles and sunscreen. If someone could bottle up that smell they would make a fortune.

Photobucket

~Impromptu dance parties in the living room, spinning around to "Dancing Queen", and laughing until none of us can breathe.

Photobucket

~Long afternoons outside in the pool, followed by popsicles eaten in the driveway while wrapped up in a fresh, warm towel.

Photobucket

~My neatly folded stacks of brand new, brightly-colored washcloths. I use them instead of paper towels, and there is just something about cleaning the windows with a bright pink cloth that makes it marginally less sucky.

~Our afternoon walks around the neighborhood and the park, stopping to inspect every rock and ladybug we come across and to swing on every swing.

Photobucket


~When the husband gets home and I can hear shouts of "DADDY! Oh, DADDY!" from clear across the house.

No comments: