Saturday, June 19, 2010

Moved.

We're moved. Completely, totally, every single box unpacked moved. I have had my inaugural trip to just about every store I frequent, learning my way around new roads and adjusting to the twenty-plus minutes it now takes me to get places from our house. Twenty minutes to get to the nearest/ONLY Target may not sound like much to some people, but I had grown accustomed to hopping in my car and driving the half mile down the road to the Target/Starbucks/Whatever else you could EVER possibly need. So, that's new to me. But other than that we are doing oh so well, and (dare I say it) kind of loving living out here in the "country". It is so quiet, and our house is perfect for us, and there is an abundance of farm animals surrounding us for the kids to see. I've already started eyeing a matching set of rocking chairs for the huge front porch, so I would say that my transformation from city girl to countryfied is well underway. Up next: cowboy boots.

Okay, not really cowboy boots. Never, ever, ever cowboy boots.

1 comment:

tori said...

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVERRRR cowboy boots. Glad you are loving the house... I can't wait to come visit. I will fully expect you to pack my trip with cowtipping, drinking large boxes of wine, and possibly learning to shuck corn.