Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's. Still. Raining.

It's been pointed out to me that it has been a few days since I last posted anything on here, but you'll have to forgive me. You see, there has been a death in the family. Yes, half of my brain has actually atrophied and DIED from lack of stimulation and time spent outdoors. It has been raining here for two weeks straight with no sign of stopping any time soon. Remember way back when, before kids? And I was all, "Oh this rain sucks, it's such a minor inconvenience on my morning commute in to work!". And now? This rain is ruining my life. Try explaining to a three year old why you can't drive to the park right now because Oh, I KNOW it looks sunny right this minute, but the storms will be rolling in AGAIN in about an hour. We are rapidly running out of things to do inside the house. Activities this week have included: Finger painting, baking cookies, playing Barbies for hours on end, cleaning, making rice krispie treats, coloring, board games, dress-up, art projects, dancing, and let's not forget that favorite of all activities, Charlie's asleep so let's turn on a movie and see how long Ella will let me lay down and nap. For the love of God, this rain needs to stop. If for nothing else, for the love of my ass, because if I eat any more baked goods I won't fit into my pants next week. I also realized yesterday while Ella and I were throwing a ball in the living room that hey! AM PLAYING FETCH WITH MY THREE YEAR OLD. This needs to stop. Immediately.

No comments: