Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Baby Days

I had forgotten what a blur my days can be with a newborn in the house. So far, Charlie is a fairly decent sleeper at night, so that helps, but my days of Super Scheduled Mom have been temporarily thrown out the window. Right now my schedule consists of: 1. Make sure everyone is fed and happy and clean. 2. Survive. Doing this the second time around has made me stop and think "What the HELL was your problem when Ella was a newborn?! You got to sleep all day with her, you didn't have any other kids to worry about entertaining, and YOU GOT TO SLEEP ALL DAY." Minus the night wakings, Charlie is a breeze compared to the energy suck that is Ella right now. In addition to the normal everyday things like playing Barbies and tea party with her and making her lunch and potty breaks and please for the love of GOD STOP HITTING ME right this instant, she is also clingy to the nth degree right now, and I can't blame her. But I don't have to enjoy it, do I?! Things will get easier, I know that, and in the meantime I am enjoying my whole-pot-and-a-half-of-coffee routine every morning as soon as I can stumble to the coffee maker. Also trying to resist the urge to dial up a preschool and enroll Ella there eight days a week. Kidding, sort of. I feel badly for her that her little world has just been torn down around her, and I am doing my damnedest to be sympathetic and give lots of hugs and "I love you"s to her every 3 minutes. But I am finding it harder than I had imagined to be patient and calm with her every second of every day, especially when she charges at me, headbutts my boobs, and tells me to get out of here right now.

But we're all fine, just settling into our life as a family of four.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your new son is Beautiful! And yes your daughter will get better. Isaac took a while after Emma Claire was born, but now (19 months later) they are good friends and it is still a challenge, but he is over the jealousy for the most part. And preschool is a GREAT idea!! It really gives you sometime to just be with the baby, or by yourself if the baby is sleeping!!!