Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oh, Hi. Have We Met? I'm Neurotic.

I believe that if you were to ask my husband what his biggest pet peeve is regarding me, his lovely wife, he would have to say that it's maybe that I have too many pet peeves. Like, hundreds of them. Are they even considered "pet" peeves if you have so many? Maybe I just have peeves, then. So I thought really hard to narrow it down to just a few (or five) to keep around, and I am going to try my best to let the other 590 peeves go. Adios, insane need to have my books on the bookshelf in color order from dark to light.

1. The bedsheets. Must. Be. Straight. And the quilt can never touch me in any way, shape, or form. The sheet must be folded OVER the quilt at the top.

2. The rug in my entryway must be centered in the foyer, directly under the entryway light hanging from the ceiling. When it is crooked or off center my eye starts a' twitchin'.

3. Towels folded a certain way, and not into thirds like the husband likes to do it. Although the act of him actually folding a towel is rare, so I don't think I have to worry about this one getting on his nerves.

4. My floors being clean. Because is there anything more disgusting than a sweet, beautiful baby who is covered in clumps of black dog hair?

5. Clutter: My Arch Nemesis. There is little in this world that I hate more than a counter top full of useless crap or stacks of bills or pretty much anything that doesn't belong on a counter top. I don't discriminate either, I hate clutter ANYwhere in my house. But especially on the counter tops. Shudder. Want to give me a stroke? Leave some loose change, a messy pile of paper, and a food wrapper laying on the counter. I promise I will flat line in under 60 seconds.

5 comments:

Jennifer W said...

LOVE it. We are clearly related somewhere down the line. I update my list frequently. Expect it to get crazier and crazier.

The Utley Crew said...

You're CRAZY!...hahaha! You know I am kidding! I love it! You actually make me look laid back. :)

The Utley Crew said...

P.S. My comforter/quilt can NOT touch me, either. EEEkkkk! If I wake up and it's too close to my face, I freak out! haha!

Andrea said...

I have had to let the vast majority of my pet peeves go over the years as my kids have multiplied in number and ages. LOL!

But, if this gives any insight into my own neurotic tendencies, Emma just asked me yesterday if I had OCD. ROFL!

Nice to know we're all in good company. :-)

Sarah said...

Abby-Number 5 literally rules my life I think...CLUTTER makes me absolutely CRAZY!!!