Saturday, June 13, 2009

Six Random Things That Make Me Happy.

* When my favorite coffee mug makes its way to the front of the cabinet in Cup Rotation and I get to use it. It is the perfect size, shape, and I can fit my whole hand through the handle when holding it. And it's pretty. Perfect.

* Bedtime. And nap time. And generally any part of the day when I get to sit down for a few minutes and not hear a baby screeching or a three year old asking "Why?" a trillion times.

* Peanut butter fudge shakes from Sonic. They're like crack, they're so good.

* Listening to Ella sing this song in the car. Even though I hate this song with a white-hot passion that is not even able to be explained in words. But when it comes on the radio her face lights up and she knows almost all of the words. (Okay, I can't get the stupid link to work, but it's that vomit-inducing song Say Hey I Love You by some dude that's trying to sound Haitian.)

* So You Think You Can Dance. Shut up, I know.

* When I have a really, really great book waiting to be read and I get a few uninterrupted moments to sit down with it. Currently re-reading The Secret History by Donna Tartt for the (literally) five millionth time. I have a bit of a love affair going on with that book, I think. You know it's a great book when you decide to re-read it and you gently stroke the cover and whisper, "Hello, old friend."

1 comment:

em said...

I LOVE so you think you can dance!! HA, its seriously one of my favorite shows...sad but true! We need to see the tope 10 or whatever when they come to nashville...seriously I would love to go