Saturday, October 11, 2008

Thankful

Sometimes when things get pretty crappy and hopeless, it helps to count your blessings and realize that things could be so, so much worse for us right now, as they are for so many people. So, here's my list of what I'm thankful for. It made me feel better to write it, so I'm posting it here.

* Mikan, Ella, and I are all healthy and happy.

* We have a roof over our heads and plenty of food on our table.

* Even though this pregnancy got of to a rocky start and things were touch-and-go for a while, we are awaiting the arrival of our healthy baby boy, Charlie, in about 8 weeks.

* Mikan has a job! Although it was only 6 weeks or so that he was looking for his next job, it felt like much much longer and was an extremely stressful situation.

* I'm thankful I have a husband who will stop at nothing to make sure that all of us come out of these hard times okay. I cannot honestly say that I would be half the breadwinner that he is/has been, and I'm proud of him.

* I'm thankful for Ella who is the light of my life and my reason for gettig out of bed each day.

* For our extended family that we are so lucky to have nearby. We are lucky to have help when we need it most, and Ella is so lucky to have both sets of her grandparents close to her and get to grow up with them near her.

No comments: