Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Happy Blog Post, For A Change.

Trying to talk myself into being happy today, so I thought a blog entry about what I am thankful for would maybe help, instead of the gloom and doom of talking about the horror of colic.

- A husband who is being oh-so-supportive and helpful during this stressful time. Even though it is not fun, he takes baby duty all evening so I can spend time with Ella, shower, or lay in bed and gaze slack-jawed at the ceiling.

- That Charlie is not my first born child, because I surely would have stopped after one baby if THIS was what I thought motherhood was like.

- That I am of legal drinking age, so that when the crying gets really bad I can stop by the liquor store.

- For a support system of other moms who have been through this (and worse) who will hold my hand and tell me to hang on, that it gets better soon, and then offer to come help me anytime I need it.

- That I have two beautiful, amazing, healthy kids who give me a reason to get up in the mornings ( and at 2, 3, and 4 am most nights). Even if one of them turns into a screaming hellmonster when the sun goes down.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: